Why Do I Blog?

My abilities to counsel life, marriages & deliver spiritual insights began ever since I was in my teenage. This is to share such experiences to people across the globe. As the tagline suggests, experiences are similar, just that people aren't. We all go through the same thing. But never learn through someone else's mistakes, because as we fail to notice.

To all my followers, I shall share the experiences & my counselling which sure will help you in some way or the other!

Friday 4 March 2016

Customer service

Back in 2010, I used to work as a customer support analyst for UK's largest telecom provider for broadband internet. Almost everyone in my team and other teams used to make use of opportunity to swap to an unproductive aux and avoid taking a call. Be it training, hurdle or in name of documenting the call.

Rather I used to answer calls anytime. For I loved to interact with people, and I loved helping them.

There was this incident where my first English caller of that day began to ruin my happiness as she was very irate. It took me more than 20 minutes to identify the issue. There was no problem with the broadband network. My scope to support ends the minute we have established internet connection.

But this customer was troubled. I felt the urge to help and asked her what she was intending to do. She replied that she underwent a surgery in her eye few days back and she can see only with one eye, and she wanted to send email to her children and relatives that the surgery was a success and she was safe.

I took every possible effort to help her write her first ever email in her life. The physical cripple coupled with agony of ignorance had troubled the poor lady. When she clicked the send button on email, she genuinely thanked me, "Son, I know I've been very bad to you. Yet, you have been so kind to me. And thank you so much. God bless you."

The reason why I'm sharing a story almost 6 years later is, every call in a support center is an opportunity to help someone in need. Every avoidance is a real need ignored. Take pride in what you do, never underestimate the role you are doing at work, you are there to help someone. Do it with that empathy.

The best way to reach God is to serve his kids who need to be helped. It's never through donations made to temples that man built and claims as God's residence.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment